Places of Interest
PACHMARHI (The tallest and only Queen of Satpura) :-
- LOCATED AT AN ALTITUDE OF 1100m WHICH KEEPS THIS HILL STATION COOL AND PLEASANT
- LISTED AMONG INDIA’S HIGHEST WATERFALLS, RAJAT PRAPAT, FOUND HERE, HAS A SINGLE DROP OF 351 FT
- IT IS BELIEVED THAT THE 5 PANDAVAS VISITED THIS PLACE AND STAYED IN CAVES DURING THEIR EXILE
- PART OF THE VAST SATPURA NATIONAL PARK, ADDING ITS CHARM WITH SEVERAL VARIETIES OF TREES
TAWA (Lush greens and blue waters) :-
- Tawa reservoir situated on Tawa river in central India. It is located in Narmadapuram district of Madhya Pradesh state in the north of Betul district. The Tawa Dam was constructed on this reservoir, which started in 1958 and was completed in 1978. Irrigation of several thousand hectares of agricultural land in the districts of Narmadapuram and Harda from the dam. It is also a big tourist attraction during monsoon months
Madai (Wildlife Sanctuary, Satpura National Park) :-
- Madai, near Sohagpur, is a wildlife sanctuary that is in the area of approximately 208.5 sq km.Shiva temple in the city of Sohagpur, which is the oldest statue of Lord Shiva. Jamnagar Sarovar is also located at this place. Anhony is a hot spring, which is about 50 km away.
- FORMS THE WESTERN BOUNDARY OF SATPURA NATIONAL PARK AND BORI WILDLIFE SANCTUARY
- MADHAI IS LOCATED AT THE ENTRANCE OF THE SATPURA FOREST
Sethani Ghat, Narmadapuram:-
- Huge and grand Wharf located on the river of Narmada
Rock Painting of Adamgarh, Narmadapuram:-
- There are ancient hills near Narmadapuram which are called “Adamgarh Paharia”. There are some caves in these hills, which have rock paintings, which have been carved.
- These rock images are produced by humans. Despite being under the open sky for thousands of years, these pictures are still not dead.